Thursday, 12 August 2010

60th Birthday Card

To go with the canvas below, I've made a card. I'm not one for making cards at the moment, so sat wondering what to do. Then I remembered that my crafting friend Sian loves making cards and she makes stunning ones too. A hop over to her blog for inspiration and I found this card which also uses Papertake Weekly's sketch #43. Loved how Sian had made her card, so I took some of the elements she'd used and made my card.

I used Basic Grey papers and numbers, Windy Day digital download form the Sugar and Spice collection available exclusively from Charmed Cards and Craft which I've mounted on foam pads, a piece of scrap lace, VersaMagic chalk inks in Jumbo Java and Hint of Pesto, wired leaves I was given by my friend Alison, a couple of wired buds that I've had for ages and a small piece of black organza ribbon.

Here's my card and a few close-ups (the white blob on the buds is glue that will dry clear overnight):





Love, Sarah C xx

5 comments:

Sian said...

I'm over the moon (and a little red in the face!) that you think my cards are good enough for inspiration.
You card is gorgeous (as always!), the image is great fun!

Sarah C said...

praise where praise is due mmmwah

Amanda Jones said...

I love your card. You're so clever with colouring - when I try that type of card it looks like a 5 yr old did it ;) x

Sarah C said...

thanks Amanda, but the image is a pre-coloured one. Lou's kind enough to give us B&W images plus coloured ones in each download bundle. I like to keep a supply of coloured images in my stash ready and print them onto photo paper for a glossy look x

ann said...

Such a cute card and I love the colours.xx

PREVIOUS DESIGN TEAM MEMBER FOR: