Wednesday, 25 August 2010

The Studio Challenges Cybercrop ~ Home Sweet Home by Amanda

Amanda's challenge on Saturday for her The Studio Challenges Cybercrop was a vintage framed LO.

I had a 6x6 box frame, so had to leave some of the elements off or it would have been over-loaded. Absolutely loved this class and will definitely be using the book paper flower technique again. Beautiful.

Here's my take on it including a few close-ups. The items I used are listed below it:





So, what did I use? Here's my list:

6x6 box frame ~ Wilkinsons
Music scrapbook paper ~ K&Co
White acrylic paint
Paper doily ~ designed by Silene on UKScrappers and cut on my ROBO
Crochet doily ~ was a present from a work colleague several years ago and is Irish lacework
Metal flower ~ got when I went to Ally Pally
Bird collector's card ~ got the picture from the internet, printed onto white paper and stuck onto cream card
Small paper flower ~ most probably was in a box of stash I was given by a friend
Lace ~ from stash
Home Sweet Home words ~ designed in Word, printed onto white paper and stuck onto cream card
Old book paper ~ got from the internet and printed onto thin white paper
Flower template (to use with the book paper) ~ designed in Inkscape by me
Gem ~ Prima
Pearl pins ~ dressmaker's pins from Woolworth's (before they closed)
Wooden scrabble piece ~ was given a bag of odd ones a few years ago
Chalk inks in jumbo java, hint of pesto and red magic ~ Versacolor
Walnut ink tintz ~ Fiber Scraps
Glue ~ Anita's Tacky Glue
Love, Sarah C xx

4 comments:

Sian said...

Wow, that's really beautiful Sarah, love different pieces you've used.

Debbie said...

Hi Sarah this is totally gorgeous - beautiful colours too. ;)
Thanks for your kind comment on my good news. :)
Hope you are well. ;)

xxDebbiexx

Amanda Jones said...

This is fantastic, Sarah! Well done on managing to find all the alternative items :) thanks so much for joining in with my class! xx

Rebekah said...

Ditto all that! Love it x

PREVIOUS DESIGN TEAM MEMBER FOR: