Saturday, 18 September 2010

LSNED 2010 ~ DAY 18

Click here to find out more and sign up

I think I've been trying to convince myself that my leg's getting better quicker than it is. It's been 9 weeks today since I had my day really ill and then developed cellulitus. And my leg still isn't ok, I'm having to have it dressed no less than once a week (better than every few hours which is was about a month ago), I have to keep it elevated as much as possible, I'm not allowed to walk far on it and when the weather's cold it hurts like crazy.

Do I sound like I'm feeling sorry for myself? Probably because I am. All summer I've been largely housebound and it's not good. I need to drag myself out of this and I'm sure I'll be able to do that once I'm on the road to normal and able to get out and about on my own without relying on Mum to take me everywhere. She's been a star and I can't thank her enough.



What I have learnt today though, is that it's perfectly ok to leave the housework and rest if that's what your body
(or in my case, leg) needs.

Love, Sarah C xx

No comments:

PREVIOUS DESIGN TEAM MEMBER FOR: