Friday, 15 October 2010

Adapting A Recipe and a Foodie Tip For Ya

Hey guys, come on over, I've been baking and the kettle's on.

I present you with:
Goat's Cheese and Mixed Herb Scones



I used the recipe for sweet scones from The Pink Whisk,
omitted the sugar and added finely grated cheese,
 mixed herbs and white pepper.

They're really lovely (even if I do say so myself)
buttered with slightly warmed tomato slices.

And here's the tip:

If you want a tomato (whole or sliced, both work)
and it's still in the fridge, take it out, cut if/as required,
place on a baking tin (a piece of foil will work here too)
and put in the oven for a few minutes.

I'd already turned my oven off after baking and the
heat warmed my tomato slices making them
much sweeter and nicer to eat.

So there you have it, goat's cheese and herb
scones with warmed tomato slices.
Perfect for an autumn lunch  don't you think?

2 comments:

ENJAY said...

Im coming on in!!! I can smell them from here!!
Mmmmm thanks for the tip.
Nicola.xx

Sarah C said...

you're welcome and there's plenty to go round xx

PREVIOUS DESIGN TEAM MEMBER FOR: