Tuesday, 5 October 2010

Top Tip Tuesday ~ No.5

Hey guys, it's Tuesday, so that can only mean one thing


My top tip is one that I featured on my blog a short while ago.
But, I love it so much that I wanted to show you again.

Do you ever make a card / LO / altered art / something else
and not have the right sentiment or title to go with it?
So do I and that's where

CUSTOM ACETATE RUB-ONS

come in really handy.

If you're a regular reader of my blog, you'll have seen this before,
as this is re-posted for new readers especially.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

To make your rub-ons, you need a sheet of acetate (doesn't have to be printable acetate as you're going to be printing on the shiny side, it just needs to be able to go through your printer), a printer and a computer programme that you can design in (I used WordArt in Microsoft Word for mine, but I'm sure you have your favourite programme).

1) In your chosen programme, type your word(s) and position them until you are happy (these will need to be flipped before printing). Don't forget that you can change the colours and fonts of these too.

2) Flip your wording so that it reads backwards. If you use WordArt, you may need to re-position the words so that they are where you want them. Alternatively, you could use the 'mirror image' option on your printer settings.

3) Print onto the shiny side of your acetate using best photo printing remembering that the printing will stay wet so handle with care when removing it.

4) Turn your acetate over and press down gently on your chosen paper/card. Be careful not to let the acetate move as this will smudge your printing.

5) Remove the acetate and admire your work.


~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Here's an example of my custom rub-ons in use:

the human experience saying is an acetate rub-on


all wording and numbers (except the ME) are acetate rub-ons


That's my top tip, what's yours?

5 comments:

Leanne said...

Sarah this is absolutely fabulous and what a great idea!!

Thank you so much for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday - good luck!

Leanne
xx

Caroljenks said...

Wow another fantastic tip from you again this week Sarah :)

Congratulations on your win with us at Top Tip Tuesday last week and thanks for joining us again :)

Carol x

Maggie's Crafts said...

Sarah that's a brilliant tip! Thank you for sharing with us at Top Tip Tuesday at toptiptuesday.blogspot.com

Maggie

x

nancy said...

This is an awesome tip! I used to do this and had forgotten about it. And thanks for visiting my blog! xo

humel said...

Wow, fabulous effects - I tried this once (ages ago) but had dodgy results, possibly because my printer wasn't up to the task. What kind of printer do you have?

PREVIOUS DESIGN TEAM MEMBER FOR: