Tuesday, 12 October 2010

Top Tip Tuesday ~ No.6


Yep, the tips just keep on coming and
today's the day that I share one more with you.

Ages ago, I was looking for some wire/plastic mesh to use on a LO. All the craft ones were beyond my price range. Then, I spied some my ex had to ready do some bodywork on his car. I had the bits that were left over and I've never looked back.

At less than £2 per sheet, it's ideal for crafting with as it's easy to cut with scissors. You can use it as it is or ink (with whatever colour you fancy) and heat emboss which gives it a plastic feel. I love how it looks and how easy it is to work with. Why not pop to your car repair shop and get some. Better still, if you know someone who repairs cars, maybe you can get the offcuts.

The only thing to remember, is to lightly sand
the edges as they can be sharp if you don't.

Here are some examples of how I've used it
and I've used clear embossing powder for
most of these on top of coloured ink

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

mesh matt is inked in red and held by brads:


mesh circle is inked in blue and glued behind the L:


mesh matt is inked in green and glued behind the flower


mesh wave is inked in white and held by brads


mesh matt is left as the original metal and stitched



mesh circles inked and embossed
in gold and black stuck with glue
(this is the top of an altered wooden box)



6 comments:

Leanne said...

Absolutely fabulous tip - I love how you keep coming up with great ones every week!!!

Thanks for sharing it with us at Top Tip Tuesday - good luck!

Leanne
xx

Pippa said...

Brilliant idea, gives great texture.

Pippa said...

Brilliant tip, gives great textured look.

Dawn said...

These are fabulous sweetie! Love that you used your honey's scraps. I will have to ask my brother for some of these.
Thanks so much for sharing with us at Top Tip Tuesday

Caroljenks said...

Wow this is FAB! I love using stuff that is not intended for crafting - so unique.....although I'd imagine a lot more crafters will be using this mesh now ;)

Thanks for sharing with us at Top Tip Tuesday :)

Carol x

Maggie's Crafts said...

What a fantastic tip! Easy to use and saves up some money.

Thank you for sharing with us at http://toptiptuesday.blogspot.com/

Maggie

x

PREVIOUS DESIGN TEAM MEMBER FOR: