Thursday, 28 October 2010

True Stories ~ Prompt 4



Writing Letters

I'm going to share some of the short letters I've
written tonight thanks to inspiration from not
only the prompt, but other True Stories members.


Dear CraftROBO,

I fell in love with you when I first saw you and still love you today. You are amazing in what you can do. I don't love you though when you are temperamental and insist on taking the paper in skewiff. If I promise to use you more often, will you please work as you should and not make me waste precious paper?

Your ever loving, if not at times exasperated owner x


Dear laptop,

Thank you for being there for me and for looking after my on-line friends that live inside you. I'm really sorry I've dropped you and for breaking your original adapter. You're amazing. Please stay that way.

Love ya my friend x


Dear poorly leg,

Why did you choose to go bad? Why won't you get better? You made me miss the Summer. I had plans to enjoy myself and get out with my camera, but you stopped that.. I'm over you now!

S


Dear Social,

I'm already living on next to nothing. How do you think I can give you more? It's your fault I owe you anyway. If you'd pulled your finger out before, we wouldn't be in this situation.

Take note! I have nothing left to give.

Yours,

A very frustrated Job Seeker


10 comments:

alexa said...

Sarah, you have really made me smile with these! (Though sorry about the difficulties with the Social). Very inspiring. :)

Melissa said...

Great letters Sarah! For my journaling today I wrote a letter to my Grandma to put on a scrapbook page, but I think now I need to pull my journal back out and do write to a few inanimate objects.

Ginger said...

Love your sense of humour! I love how we all write so differently with these prompts!

elinjanne said...

Short and sweet!
You made me smile this morning.
Thanks.

Stephanie Joanna said...

"my online friends who live inside you" ... what a great line! :)

karen said...

I don't know about you but I could make a whole album just about letters!

Fiona said...

Love the letters, made me smile too!

humel said...

Oh Sarah, these are fabulous! What a great response to the prompt. Sorry about the issues with Social though xx

Sarah C said...

Thanks ladies for the fab comments.

* Melissa, your letter is amazing and needs to stay.
* Ginger, me too. I love seeing the different takes on the same prompts.
* Elinjane and Fiona, glad I could make you smile
* Stephanie, I must admit, I love that line too. Probably because it's true - gonna do a scrap page using that letter
* Karen, you've given me a great idea for a fun mini-book, thanks
* Alexa and Humel, thank you and aren't the social pants at times :(
xx

Miriam said...

Hello Sarah, I love your letters & your responses to the other True Stories prompts. I haven't even looked at prompt 3! Thanks for visiting me :) I'll call by your blog again later. M

PREVIOUS DESIGN TEAM MEMBER FOR: