Friday, 29 October 2010

True Stories ~ Prompt 5



Fill in the Blanks

Here's my fill in the blanks from the prompt we were given today:

I wish I could go back to a time when I was truly happy. A time like the day when Jo & I burnt the tacos and the cooker! It made me feel silly, but happy, like I could take on the world. That same day, we'd been out and drank until it was closing time. We both said it was stupid to forget them and let them burn. I know I thought the happiness we shared would last forever and a day. There was never another evening quite like that. If only I could go back there!


Although the taco shells caught fire and we had flames, I am thankful that that's the only thing that got burnt. It serves us right for sitting in the living room chatting rather than keeping an eye on them! The cooker ended up with black smoke on it which we couldn't get off and was still there when the house was handed back to the agent a few years later. Every time we think about that evening, we can't help but laugh about it.


I posted a fill in the blanks on Facebook
and also in Shimelle's forum.

I met Sarah _______. She is _______ and _______, She loves _______. If we were stranded on a desert island together we would _______ and _______. My one word to sum her up would be _______.


Here are some of the responses I've had so far.
Feel free to leave me a comment and fill in the blanks.
It would be great to see what more of you would put.


Carole
I met Sarah on UKScrappers. She is kind and thoughtful, She loves scrapbooking. If we were stranded on a desert island together we would scrapbook and craft. My one word to sum her up would be artistic.

Janet
I met Sarah once. She is caring and talented, She loves her family. If we were stranded on a desert island together we would chat and chat. My one word to sum her up would be fun!


Sammie
I met Sarah blogging (but would like to meet her in real life too!) She is delightfully witty and reassuringly supportive. She loves scrapbooking and photography. If we were stranded on a desert islant together we would ferment sugar cane, squeeze fresh pineapples, shin up palm trees to collect coconuts and make pina coladas to sip as the sun sets over the horizon. My one word to sum her up would be FEMININE.

Sharon
I met Sarah at Shimelle Laine's site. She is definitely too hard on herself and she needs a kick in the but to realize what a great person she is. She loves all of us. If we were stranded on a desert island together, we would get her self esteem right back to where it should be. My one word to sum her up would be a joy for me to have as a far away friend!




Aren't my on-line friends just amazing. I hadn't realised how much they think of me. Thank you all for taking the time to do this exercise for me. You're amazing and I love you all.

7 comments:

Kelly Light said...

I love all the comments you got from your friends! And I am so glad the taco story ended well...phew!

Stephanie Joanna said...

Kudos to you for having the courage to be so honest with your journaling. I hope you find your "happy place" again soon! xox

sheara121 said...

your journals are wonderful! thank you so much for sharing such intimate thoughts. they're very touching. and thank you for the kind comment about my son (yes, he is adorable!).

scrapchick said...

Glad the burning didn't get out of hand! Fun take on the prompts & such sweet fill-ins! :)

Sammi said...

Great comments! LOVE the story and glad to hear nothing more than the tacos was damaged!

I met Sarah through Dottie's world/ blogging thought would love to meet her IRL too one day (COME DOWNUNDER). She is wonderful and creative, She loves Scrapbooking and Farmville(lol) If we were stranded on a desert island together we would craft and chat. My one word to sum her up would be Delightful.

sophie said...

really great stuff Sarah! I follow Shimelle's class too but I am running a bit late because of sooooo much work with kiddos! love your take on the prompts!

humel said...

Great post to read, Sarah - and while I've only 'known' you a little while I really admire your strength and honesty in your posts xx

PREVIOUS DESIGN TEAM MEMBER FOR: