Saturday, 6 November 2010

True Stories ~ Prompt 10



The Reference Section

I tend to use the word 'Awesome' quite a bit
and even have two lay-outs titled with it!

Here's one of them


I wonder what word(s) could I have used instead of Awesome?

I checked an on-line Thesaurus and here's what I found:

astonishing, awe-inspiring, beautiful, breathtaking,
grand, impressive, magnificent, majestic, mind-blowing,
over-whelming, striking, stunning, wonderful, wondrous


So, if I were to write a piece of journalling to
accompany this here's what I might say:

This was the breathtaking view that met us as we walked
up to Warwick Castle. It looked stunning as it stood there
in the glorious sun. With the blue sky hovering above.
Such a grand building it was almost overwhelmingly
impressive. A wonderful, magnificent, mind-blowing
image that will remain etched in my memory forever.


And no 'Awesome' in there at all.

7 comments:

kel.light@journaljourneys said...

I always use the word awesome (I blame How I Met Your Mother) and Mr Light is always telling me off! He said I have ruined the word awesome.

Stephanie Joanna said...

awesome is such an .... awesome word! lol (Sorry, couldn't resist.) Wonderful journaling and Warwick Castle looks so beautiful!

Melissa said...

Sarah, I love the way the journaling reads with all those synonyms!

humel said...

Great journaling, packed with all those synonyms of awesome :-)

alison290 said...

Great bit of journalling xx

pjbear said...

awe-inspiring post, love this prompt xx

alexa said...

Just wonderful!

PREVIOUS DESIGN TEAM MEMBER FOR: