Thursday, 23 December 2010

Cinder Toffee

Quite simply one of the nicest sweets to eat, and so easy to make too.

In a matter of seconds the mixture went from this


to this


and all because I'd added a tablespoon of bicarbonate of soda.

I have a couple of tips for you though.

1. You need to have everything to hand and work quickly

2. You need the largest saucepan you have and a large tray with deep sides.

I realised too late that I didn't have the right tray, so mine ended up causing an avalanche.

I have tried a little off the side though and it's really yummy. The saucepan
looks a mess when you've finished, but boiling water soon fixes that.

Once cooled and broken up, you can part or fully coat them in melted chocolate.

4 comments:

Pippa (pjbear) said...

Loving the baking theme, cinder toffee is EXPLOSIVE LOL!

Picturit said...

Looks delicious, Merry Xmas Sarah x

humel said...

Oops, I've fallen a bit behind over here! I've had a lovely catch up though, and I'm liking the look of this toffee :-) Hope you have a very happy Christmas xx

Scrapdolly said...

Just stopping by to wish you a merry Christmas and allt he blessings of the season
xx

PREVIOUS DESIGN TEAM MEMBER FOR: