Friday, 14 January 2011

Woohoo ~ I Have An Expedit!

If you're a crafter with space for one of these, you're probably going
"Yeah, so what? I've had one for ages!"

Well, the so what, is that I got mine for Christmas and it was assembled for me yesterday.

I'm not one to follow everyone else usually and for a few years, I was using 2 shoe racks that
my ex had stacked together using metal plates and a wooden paper stand that he'd made from
left over wood. Once I moved into my flat, I added a tall, deep bookcase and with the sliding
door CD/DVD units I had, this was my craft storage. Mind you, between them, they held loads.

Now, I have an Expedit unit and have been able to get rid of the 'make-do' units and move the tall,
deep unit into my bedroom as I needed more storage in there too. This means that the wall I have
my units along is nice and neat. I have my CD/DVD units stacked on top of each other with the
Expedit unit standing alongside. Then I have 2 sets of plastic drawers under the window near them.
The A4 one holds my A4 card and paper while the 12" one holds my scrap paper, spare glues
and DST, and a whole host of other things I don't use much, but needed to find a home for.

I hadn't appreciated how much the Expedit unit holds until I was filling it last night.
To say I'm pleased is an understatement.

7 comments:

humel said...

I'm not saying 'So what' lol! I do have one, and I *love* it :-) I love that I can fit 12x12 albums on it, and that I can get boxes, drawers and cupboard doors to fit, too, so I can organise lots of itty bitty supplies as well as the bigger items. And I love that it fits sunggly under the window in my living room! So pleased you've discovered how fab they are too :-)

Tina said...

Well I haven't got one! Yours looks really good, glad you got it put together, it looks really neat.

Sian said...

Oh wow, I want one LOL!, you've very lucky Sarah, and everything looks neat and tidy.
hugs

C. Camp said...

Great unit, looks so organised. :)

Ginger said...

I need one of those! Must add to my wish list!

alexa said...

Looks great! My DH has one in his study area because I couldn't think of any other way of helping him 'house' his stuff neatly. Yours is looking richly full of interesting stuff!

Stephanie Joanna said...

Oh, I am soooooooo envious! I desperately want one of these, it's such a great piece of furniture to own. Makes everything so organized!

PREVIOUS DESIGN TEAM MEMBER FOR: