Tuesday, 29 March 2011

52Q ~ Q13 - Journalling and LO


 Question 13 - What was my worst (or best?!) hairstyle experience to date? 

A few years ago, my youngest sister Jo and I decided we'd home dye each other's hair. Pretty simple we thought, especially as we'd done our own a fair few times with reasonable results. This time; however, something went drastically wrong. We followed the instructions on the box and waited the allotted time. But, when she came to rinse off my hair dye, disaster had struck. We hadn't realised as I think we'd wrapped our hair in towels, but my hair had been turning a very un-flattering shade of bright pink! Yes, you did read that right, I did say bright pink!! 

We just didn't know what to do next. In the end, we managed to ring our other sister Andrea who trained as a hairdresser and asked her advice. I was told to go home and wait for her to turn up. I wouldn't leave the house with my hair like that though, so a cap was found and I hid as much of it as I could. 

When Andrea turned up, she'd brought her daughter with her and they couldn't stop laughing at the shade my hair had turned. I can laugh about it now, but I wanted to cry at the time. Thankfully, she'd bought some more hair dye with her and after warning me that she couldn't guarantee what the result would be, but was hopeful it would be ok, I let her do what she had to do. To say fingers were crossed and my hair was checked every couple of minutes is an understatement. She wasn't going to take any chances. 

It was only when she'd finished and said that all was well and natural colour restored, that I could breathe easy. It was a long time after that episode that I dared to dye my own hair again. I left it to the expert that she was and is. Thankfully, I've never gone pink again! I do have a small cutting from that day to remind me and it raises a smile every time I look at it. Not sure if I'm going to use it on a LO though as it's nice to come across it when I'm rummaging around in the box of bits that it lives it. 



 Love, Sarah xoxo 

5 comments:

jackid said...

Lol what a nightmare I had a similar expierence when I ask my boyfriend (who is now hubby) to help me with my hair you see I was hiliting it and couldn't get to the back so after carefully explaining to him what to do he did it only he had pulled all my hair through at the back so I had hilites at the fromt and was prpper blonde at the back lets say he has never been near my hair since lol had a nosey while here and love your makes so now a follower
Jacki xx

Debbie said...

Oh my word Sarah - that is everyone's worst nightmare - but glad it got all sorted out in the end for you. I had a neice who's hair turned green..lol
Sorry it has taken me so long to visit you and thank you for the kind comment on my grand daughter. :)

Debbiexx

Alison said...

DD has had some real odd results with hair colour...I go and get mine done at the hairdressers, as I am too scared to do it myself!

Picturit said...

Don't have enough to worry about really fun post.

Lou and Mel said...

Fantastic story - although I've always fancied having pink hair!
At least someone trained was on hand to helP!

PREVIOUS DESIGN TEAM MEMBER FOR: