Friday, 4 March 2011

Being A Tourist In Ely

I was lucky (if you can call it that as it was bitterly cold) to be in Ely this Wednesday hours
before my appointment at the Job Centre. Yep, appointment at 15:30 and I arrive at 10:30!

So, to pass some time away, I walked around the back of the shops
to the Cathedral, St Mary's Church and Oliver Cromwell's House.

Here's a few of the photos I took (and yep, as usual, I took quite a few).
So, if you're sitting comfortably, here's my pics of the day

Where would we be without these to guide us across the road?


Did someone lose a branch last December?


Here's me trying to do a close up shot


Oliver Cromwell's House, now the Tourist Information Centre


The old (red phone box) and the new (modern bus shelter)
sitting side by side in total harmony


Looks like the phone box has seen better days and lots of customers


Anyone of my UK friends remember when we paid 10p to make a call?


Just in case you're lost


St Mary's Church spire and clock


A sign that it's still winter


But spring is round the corner


My 'arty' shot of Ely Cathedral


Took me ages to get a decent photo as the ducks were moving quick


Down the barrel of a gun


I did this so that you don't have to.
Must keep my camera strap out of the way of the lens!


Anyone know why there were studs on this at the Cathedral?


Gorgeous architecture


More directions


Ok, so we have the beautiful Cathedral to the right and these bins to the left.
Lovely ..... not!! But a sign of modern times I'm afraid.


Last photo is of the Cathedral and the slit window look-out


Love, Sarah xoxo

No comments:

PREVIOUS DESIGN TEAM MEMBER FOR: