Monday, 13 June 2011

Summer of Colour - 1st colour


The first colour for Summer is

Blue

and here's my art journal piece


I used PVA to seal the page then inked it in varying shades of blue. What doesn't show in the picture, is that I used a paper doily to ink over in the bottom right corner and stamped the rest using inked bubble wrap. I stamped the 'Sitting Pretty' stamp from Charmed Cards and Crafts onto white card, coloured her in blues using brush markers, then cut her out and stuck her on top of the doily. Words cut from a magazine were glued and the whole lot inked over using walnut ink tintz. Looking back on the piece of work, I'm not sure that was a good idea, but hey-ho, I'll learn slowly. Finally, I added extra words using a Sharpie pen.

I've decided that where I can, this art journal is going to be used as an inspirational piece of work, so that if I get low days I can look at it and be uplifted again.

Love, Sarah xoxo

19 comments:

Mandy said...

Sarah..this is so cute...it is a shame you cant see the doily...but it still looks great and the message is perfect...xxx

Lesley said...

Great message for lifting you up!!! Fab shades of blue for our first week of colour. Lovely journal page!
x

missy k said...

I love this piece.... I think an inspirational journal is a fantastic idea. Looking forward to seeing your other 'colours'

Karen

joanna said...

This is great Sarah! love the girl! looking foward to seeing more of your work.

NatashaMay said...

Very cute! Love the girlie. :)

Jeanie Callaghan said...

Lovely sentiment. Great start to the challenge!

Sandi said...

Wonderful message! As I visit all of the projects (or try too!) I am thrilled by all of our different projects.

Kristin said...

The idea of your journal is beautiful. I love that you will have a place to turn to should you need a lift. It's great inspiration to us all. Love your little girl and the sentiments are perfect. Thank you, xoxo

JessiVille said...

An inspirational journal is a perfect idea for this challenge! And you've done a lovely blue inspiration to share! Jessi xox

sugar Creek said...

I love this and the message! WEll done!

JaN's ArTy JouRneY said...

What an uplifting project..looking forward to seeing more of your colour challenges :)
Jan x

Jenny said...

Lovely page Sarah... love the inspiration of the words too...

Jenny x

Liette alias Pixelle said...

so cute...love the little girl and the message...

Ella said...

I love the message, so true~
Love the idea of blue and it's mood now uplifted~

peggy gatto said...

Love both the image and the works, perfect!

Melisa said...

Aw, what a sweet sentiment!

Nan said...

Great page....so inspiring! Thanks! :) Nan

creatingme said...

oh, I like this!

Chris said...

What a great message and a lovely page...love it.

PREVIOUS DESIGN TEAM MEMBER FOR: