Friday, 2 September 2011

LSNED 2011 - 1st September


It's that time again and LSNED started yesterday. So, what did I learn?

  1. I need to take my lactose tablets before I eat as they don't work as well if I take them afterwards.
  2. I still feel inferior to those around me and like I'm not good enough for anyone or anything.
  3. I feel embarrassed saying I have no IRL friends to invite to a BBQ. I have plenty of craft friends that live around the UK, in Ireland and overseas, but IRL friends to invite round for a coffee, lunch or BBQ is just not happening. Maybe one day, but it's been like this for so long that maybe one day isn't going to happen. Who knows?

LO was done using the free August Get Your Grill On kit by Digital Scrapbook Expert

Love, Sarah xoxo

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Hello Sarah, such a sad wee post although your layout is full of humour. I see that, like me, you're a survivor of domestic abuse and, there's nothing like DA to isolate you and make you feel somehow inferior. You're clearly working on it and it is good that you have established online friendships but now it looks as though you are working on how to spread your wings and make contact, real contact, with others. Good luck, it will happen, it just takes baby steps. Elizabeth x

Alison said...

Maybe there are some local 'crops' you could attend and make some friends that way? I have to say that I don't really have IRL friends where I live, and rely heavily on my bloggy friends or keeping in touch via the internet
Alison xx

alexa said...

Hoping you get to meet and make some physically present friends soon - the idea of a crop is a good one, or perhaps a scrapbooking class? You could always set one up if there isn;t one locally? Glad your blog friends are still real for you.

PREVIOUS DESIGN TEAM MEMBER FOR: