Monday, 12 December 2011

Pencil Lines #263 and UKS 52Q - Q50


#263 which I've turned and flipped

and



Q50 - What do you love most about where you live?

Where do you start when where you live is not where you chose, but the only half decent option available to you when you had no roof over your head? Regular readers of my blog, friends and family, know that I've had a testing 21 months, so I won't go into that again and bore you all. For those new to my blog, feel free to read back a bit and get a glimpse into what's been going on.

So, back to the question - "What do you love most about where you live?" I love that if I need a loaf of bread I only have to walk downstairs, open a gate and step to the left to find a shop that's open until 8pm. I love that I have bus stops 2 minutes walk away, which is great for those early mornings when I have to catch a bus. I love that I'm only a 10 minute walk from my doctor's surgery. I love that I have family close by and that my Mum doesn't have to drive down a bypass she always hated when I lived with my ex. As for my home itself, I love that I have space. I love that I have a separate dining room, even though I don't use it very much. I love that I have plenty of parking spaces - I'll let you into a secret, I live next door to the town's 24 hr car park! I love that my kitchen is big enough to have 2 of us cooking together. I love that I have 2 bedrooms, so I could turn the biggest one into a spare room and craft room.

I love that I have the key to the front door and can come and go as I please. I feel privileged to have a home that most people take for granted and lots of people would love to have. I love that while I may not own the bricks and mortar, as long as I pay the rent each month, it's my home for me to live in as I wish.

What do I love most about where I live? - Everything!


Credits - Google for the map
Daisy Trail kits - Spring In Your Step and American Holidays 2010

Love, Sarah xoxo

3 comments:

sixofone said...

Sarah I love this blog post and your LO is brilliant. It's really touching and I know just how you feel

Sam Ball (aka sammyb) said...

Great layout, loving your take of it with no photo!

Karen Shady said...

great LO... love that you didnt use any photos x

PREVIOUS DESIGN TEAM MEMBER FOR: