Tuesday, 24 September 2013

LSNED 2013 - Day 24


Day 24 of LSNED and today we were encouraged to look at what we forget. Here are my thoughts on that:

I'm one of the most forgetful people I know, but I wasn't always like that. I used to be able to remember all sorts except people’s names. When I was working in a taxi office, I’d know our regular customers by the time of day they rang or by their voice. I often knew what they wanted before they told me. I knew drivers by their voices when they called over the radio. I knew all of this, but putting names to those people was hard.
If I saw people in the flesh, I’d know who they were as soon as they spoke. I’d be able to tell a customer what their last journey was and I’d be able to tell a driver what shift they were on next. Ask me to put a name to that face and I’d look at you with a blank expression. I’d be searching that part of my brain that names went into and struggled to get out of again.
I still have that same problem today. Customers ring and I know their voices. I can’t put a name to the voice and often struggle to put a case reference to it also, but I know who I’m speaking to and sometimes even have an idea of what they’re calling about. I will that part of my brain to let the right piece of information jump out and make an appearance, just this once. It doesn’t happen often though.
That brings me to today’s lesson – I will always struggle to remember names.
Here's my LO

Love, Sarah xoxo

No comments:

PREVIOUS DESIGN TEAM MEMBER FOR: